Monday, October 26, 2009

The Right Time

Matthew 2

I just read about how the wise men came to see Jesus after his birth. Through the wise men, King Herod heard about Jesus and sought to destroy him, so an angel told Joseph to take his family and go to Egypt until Herod's death, so that Jesus' life would be spared from Herod's destruction.

Holy Spirit, You called to my attention of wondering why didn't God let Jesus die then? He was still perfect at that time...a seeming satisfying perfect, undeserving sacrifice to pay for our sins as was required. A few reasons came to mind...

1. There were still prophesies to be fulfilled. The pieces of the puzzle had to all be put together about who the Messiah was that God talked about so often in the Old Testament.

2. Even Jesus was chosen to go through trials to make Your will done...then it should be no surprise when my life is the same.

3. All the miracles would have never been done...He wouldn't have touched the lives He did. While I enjoy the journey and sometimes endure what life has in store for me, I may be here to help someone along the way.

4. The fellowship of His suffering wouldn't be real if He would have never endured the things He did. Because He went through a lot, I know He understands when I go through things too.

Abba your timing is always so perfect...always right on time...and to EVERYTHING there is a purpose...a plan. Thank You. I love You, Abba!

No comments:

Post a Comment