Tuesday, July 14, 2009

God's Longsuffering

A lot is on my mind today with one of my family members. It's really difficult to see someone struggle when they don't have to. You see the bad choices they continually make...continuing to go down that path of destruction. Then when almost destruction comes they come to you asking for help---not "Help, I've made some bad choices; I need to make some changes." But rather "Help me just temporarily, I'll make it somehow." I want to teach them. I want to help them understand what they are doing wrong, but they don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that the way they've been doing it all this time isn't right.

Abba, how incredibly frustrated You must get with me sometimes. How often am I guilty of the same thing. I'm doing things my own way and then I ask You to "bail me out." How many times do I continually make poor choices, especially with my time, and You know that if I would just follow my schedule of spending time with You and doing the work I am supposed to do...the day would go so much better, and I wouldn't have that feeling of remorse. Or how many times I fail to pray...You know, REALLY pray and instead I chose to watch TV. Abba, You have made me understand more and more how much I grieve Your heart as Your child when I feel the grief my family can cause me. Things seem so obvious to me of things they need to "fix." I think it must be that way with You. You see so many things I should just "fix" and things would certainly go a lot smoother.
On that note....You gave me a great verse today...

Proverbs 31:27-28 "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

God, I want that to be my testimony. But that means that often I will have to do "What I don't want to do." I will have to live by principle and schedule and not by my emotions. Lord, help me to remember that in ever small choice I make each day. I love You. I need You today. You are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment