Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Mother's Testimony

1 Chronicles 19-23

After Jehoshaphat was considered a decent king, but later in his life he did join unto them that did wickedly. He dies and his son Jehoram becomes king. I guess, fearing his brethren would try to dethrone him, he "slew them" all. Talk about sincere greed and insecurity! Because of his wicked ways, God promises that a great plague would smite his people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. The end of his life is horrible...

21:20 And it came to pass, that in process of time, after the end of two years, his bowels fell out by reason of his sickness: so he died of sore diseases. and his people made no burning for him, like the burning of his fathers.

Doesn't sound like a pleasant way to die if you ask me! Ahaziah now becomes king. I see a sad testament of his mother.

22:3 He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab: for his mother was his counsellor to do wickedly.

What a horrible mother! Far different from what the Bible instructs to "train them up in the nuture and admonish of the Lord". It wasn't that she just allowed him to do wickedly, but she taught him to do so. Sadly, I see this in my generation. Mothers that train their kids to drink, to lie, to commit fornication. Abba, I know my job as even a step-mom is important. Help my actions, my words to train to do good and not evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment