Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24, 2009

Leviticus 21-27

Again and again in Your word, You remind the Israelites the benefits of serving You and also the harsh punishments of those that turn against You. Following You would seem like a no-brainer--just to avoid the punishments---plagues, enemies prospering, unfruitfulness. Often I feel like the Israelites were so stupid following idols, worshipping them. They saw Your miracles first-hand--how could they be so blind? So foolish to serve statues and golden idols? Then I feel grieved and convicted as I consider the idols that I have served instead of You. How do you serve an idol? You give it your time; you look to it for answers; you enjoy its presence more than You. How often I have put idols in front of You, dear Lord. I have seen how Your hand of mercy has been lifted off our country and sometimes even in my own life because I have put you aside and have not clinged onto the precious promise that You gave to the children of Israel...
Lev 26:12
And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
God, please forgive me for not desiring You as a companion---walking with You and enjoying Your presence. May today start a new day of yearning for Your presence in my life and not idols. I love you, Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment