Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009

Numbers 11-12
11:1
And [when] the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard [it]; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed [them that were] in the uttermost parts of the camp.

Oh my! What a passage! Definitely some conviction here!
God surely does hate complaining! And to think even after these people were killed, still more complained telling God they remember all the good food from Egypt and were begging for meat. How soon they forgot the bondage they were in while they had it "good."
-God, please forgive me when I forget about the dregs of sin and its bondage in my life and so often want to return to it. May your presence and will be more fulfilling than any of sin's enticements.
Later, Moses became so tired of their complaining that he wished to be killed. It was too heavy of a burden he said. God helped him by giving him seventy elders to help carry the burden.
-This is an important principle in leadership. Learn to delegate to others so the burden isn't always on you.

11:23
And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD'S hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.

Haha, I LOVE this verse! Moses was trying to figure out how he was going to feed all those people meat without killing their livestock.
I am so guilty of that sometimes, too, God. To think that if I cannot figure out something in my mind as to how You would accomplish something, there's no way it can be done. You are totally sovereign and do what You promise and it's always fun seeing how You decide to do it. Well, fun sometimes. :)

I know, this is a long post, but so much good stuff! Continuing....

11:31
And there went forth a wind from the LORD, and brought quails from the sea, and let [them] fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits [high] upon the face of the earth.

A cubit is about 1.5 feet. 3 feet high of quails!!! What a sense of humor. You want meat? Here, I'll give you some meat! LOL but yet it also proved your wrath. Quit the gripping and complaining, Bridgett, it only proves that I don't recognize God and appreciate what He has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment