Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26, 2009

Numbers 7-10

So I am cheating, kinda. I am posting this on the 27th, but, honest, I did read it yesterday evening. :)
9:16
So it was alway: the cloud covered it [by day], and the appearance of fire by night.

9:22
Or [whether it were] two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.

Observations:
1. The Israelittes always had a reassuring proof that God was there with them all the time. I think with creation, I, too, always have a reassuring proof of God's presence as well as the Holy Spirit that dwells in me.
2. The Israellites had to be in a constant state of readiness to be able to move at His command. What do I have "tieing me down" in my life that keeps God from being able to move at His will.
3. God didn't reveal the timing of the stay to them. He wanted them to learn to trust Him. It is not my job to know how long when I must stay but merely just to rest assure that You are there and will move me when it's YOUR timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment