Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 30, 2008

Numbers 14-15
How foolish the children of Israel were! The famous twelve spies were told to go into Canaan to access the land---not to decide if they could overtake it. Ten spies come back seeing the challenges not the opportunites. The Israelittes are fearful and wish "would to God we had died in Egypt." Caleb seeing the defeated attitudes of them says..."Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they [are] bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD [is] with us: fear them not."
Don't you see who is on our side? I find the Iraelittes foolish, but if I search inwardly I can see their same cowardesses and distrust in my own life. Instead of REMEMBERING the past victories and miracles, for them the Red Sea, manna from heaven, water from the Rock, a cloud by day, a pillar of fire by night--I see the here and now of a trial and start REPINING the present. Did I not see God move and do great things previously in my life? Did I not first-hand witness miracles in my life? Does God not each day provide me with daily blessings? This same God can still work miracles and pull me through whatever trial lay ahead. HE is with ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment