Thursday, April 16, 2009

It Is Your Life/ Hugs From God

Deut 32-34; Psalm 91
32:46
And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law.
32:47
For it [is] not a vain thing for you; because it [is] your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong [your] days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.


Man, that just rips my heart. "It is your life." So true, my whole purpose is not to fulfill my own dreams and goals...it's to prove His greatness. Abba, forgive me for not making YOU my life. Obeying your commands and telling others of Your greatness. IT IS MY LIFE. It should be my life.

33:27
The eternal God [is thy] refuge, and underneath [are] the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy [them].


As a woman, nothing is more comforting and secure than a warm embrace of a loved one's arms. That gesture brings security, comfort, and a such feeling of soundness that words cannot convey. When I think of my heavenly Father's arms wrapped around me, not only comforting me but also shielding me from my enemies, I feel very safe.

Another reminder:
91:4
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

I tried to find a poem that I wrote in college about my Father's arms, but I can't seem to find it now. Oh well. I'll find it eventually. :)

1 comment: