Monday, April 6, 2009

April 5, 2009

Numbers 26-27

I am writing this a day later. My laptop at home is so slow and frustrates me, but honest, I did read and meditate yesterday.
I must be honest and tell you that today wasn't a very "meaty" day as far as Bible reading. Talked about numbering the people and about all the sacrifice ordinances. YAWN. Forgive me, Lord, for feeling that way. One section did stand out to me slightly...

26:9
And the sons of Eliab; Nemuel, and Dathan, and Abiram. This [is that] Dathan and Abiram, [which were] famous in the congregation, who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the LORD:
26:10
And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.


Everyone else's name is just listed...yada..yada and no mention of what they did or who they were besides who their father was. But what a horrible legacy to leave behind for your family's name. God wanted to make sure all knew who these wicked men were and the death they deserved.

Observation:
What would be behind my name if it was listed in the Bible? Would God have to use me as a sign of His judgment?

No comments:

Post a Comment