Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Choice Is Yours

Deut 28-32

It seems Moses is still trying to remind the people that they have a choice to make as a nation...

30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:


To follow God or not. Again, as I have said before, it seems like a no-brainer. Yet, I have the same choice set before me and often I fall guilty of choosing a cursing. No I don't have any statues of idols in my closet, but I do have the idols of this world...tv, entertainment. When I choose to follow the world's thinking instead of God's laws, I, too, am guilty and just as hard headed as those Israelittes.

31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.


Here's Moses' charge to Joshua. What a promise! God will NOT fail thee, nor forsake thee. What battles am I facing? God you are just as suredly with me as you were with Joshua. Be of good courage, Bridgett. Abba, our mortgage and house situation seems like a battle that You wouldn't be interested in. Forgive us if we have tried to fight this battle without you. Abba, please be with us and help us to have victory.

31:29
For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt [yourselves], and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.


Ahhh...poor Moses. I can almost hear the tone in his voice. "You were rebellious jerks while I was here, and I know it will just get worse after I am gone." What a burden Moses carried dealing with these people. But, Lord, You endured with them just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment