Friday, August 28, 2009

Are You Thirsty?

Isaiah 44-48

44:3 For I will pour my spirit upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

I heard this verse in college often. I am reminded of how there must be someone that is thirsty to receive the spirit or a dry ground for there to be refreshment. Sometimes I get so full of the world or other things that honestly I'm not really that thirsty. I'm not dry and longing for refreshment. I think that's a hard balance in the Christian life...learning to constantly weed out the distractions so that your life can be empty long enough for Jesus to fill it.
Abba help me to be really thirsty. I know that sometimes means bringing trials into my life to where I find myself thirsty, but I would much rather have a trial and Your spirit rather than an empty, dry barren life that shows no reflection of You.

45:10-11 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or the to the woman, What hast though brought forth?

Acceptance. I have no control over the way I was born, the family I was born into, but what I can do is accept it. Abba, thank You for teaching me this early on in life and not living with the "victim" syndrome all my life. You designed everything for a reason and for a purpose. Thank You.

48:21 And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out. There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.

Funny how this verse says what I was thinking earlier...You bring us through trials to make us thirsty. Sad though how the children of Israel were brought through the trial but yet it still didn't make them thirsty. I've seen that in people's lives sometimes. Trials make them bitter instead of better. Instead of turning to God they turn against God. Oh LORD, help me never to do that. Strike me dead before I hurt Your precious name. I don't want to leave a legacy like that. As You said, there is no peace to the wicked.

To sum today's reading up....Help me to be thirsty by accepting what You have brought into my life and turn to You the quench that thirst. I love You, Abba.

1 comment: