Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Steady Words, Sweet Embraces & Unwaivering Strength

Isaiah 40-43

40:7 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever."

I've memorized and have heard that verse a thousand times, as I read it, though, I am extremely thankful for the unchangingness of Your word, LORD. In this world that changes its opinion and standard constantly---a society that allows time to erode away principles, I am so thankful for a Bible that is constant. A standard that I can always turn to that NEVER changes. Maybe I appreciate that more and more the older I get as I see people and society constantly changing.

40:11 "He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lanmbs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

I love the picture that this gives me of You. LORD--Your gentle embrace and loving hand to guide. "Carry them in his bosom" that's the most personal and intimate embraces anyone can give--the ultimate display of love and protection. Thank you, Abba.

40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, niether is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

You, LORD, are the ultimate source of strength. Trying to get my mind to comprehend all that You do just tires me to even think about it, but yet You don't tire--You don't faint. God help me to remember the times that when I am weary and tired whether it be physically, emotionally or mentally that You are strength that if I trust in You and Your power, I can run again.

1 comment: