Sunday, August 30, 2009

Isaiah 54-58
Ouch this was a convicting one today. Really made me look at myself and wonder what my real motives are. God spoke of the children of Israel and the fact that they fasted--they even "seeked Him daily and his ordinances" the Bible says, but God knew their motives. It was for "their pleasure". It was a fast to get what they wanted...not a fast of repentance or a fast doing good will to others. Even their works on the sabbath...not for others but just to fulfill their own desires.
Abba, forgive me for so often being guilty of the same thing. I am so used to "the routine of doing good" that often my motives aren't pure and my heart is caught seeking my own desires. Help me to change. Help me to have a conscious awareness of my motives for all I do--even if it is part of a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment