Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I hate it when you try to do good for someone and they take it as bad intentions. Well I say I hate it, but I can't think of a specific incidence right now where that happened to me. Here David was trying to do something nice for the king of Ammon, but husband servants accuse David's me coming to bear gifts as spies and shave half their beards and rip their clothes to their buttocks. How's that foe appreciation? Not only that put they hire the syrian to go to war against Israel. Wow! So much for trying to do something nice.
After that (still reading chronologically) I read the psalm that David says he I weary of crying. His throat is dry from all the tears. I can relate to that. Perhaps he was so weary of always trying to do the right thing and seeming that so much turmoil came in return. As he wrote "my enemies wrongfully"
What do I get from these passages...hmmm...im certainly not alone in those times I have felt rejected. As David did, it is at those times I need to draw to my Saviour and feel His presence stronger than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment