Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Serving Him & Giving

I Chron. 28
28:9
And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.


I think this is the cry and admonition of all godly parents. "Choose God...know Him...be blessed by Him don't turn from Him." David wanted Solomon to have the same close relationship with God that he did. I pray the same thing for Destiny, my step-daughter. Such benefits that come from serving Him. Yes, there are hard times, but God loves you and wants to go through them WITH you. His arms are opening and willing to embrace you, but if you decide to mock His love and turn it away, his hand of judgment is thrown. God knows your heart. He sees what others cannot. Serve Him.
When I think of how I so want this in those who I influence---Destiny or anyone for that matter, I think of how God so wants this in my own life. Lord, You see my short comings, and I'm sure wish so much that I wouldn't be so stubborn and to instead have that "willing mind." Forgive me, Abba, when I grieve You. Help me to change and desire to serve You more especially by learning to serve my own family more and to have the right attitude as a wife. I want to do better at seeking You for everything, even the small decisions. A constant awareness of You in my day, my life.

29:9
Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.


I noticed this verse because right now our church is going through a difficult time financially. But I see how God is using it to bring revival to our preacher's life and hopefully to many families in our church. But I see the requirement here....with a perfect heart. The greatest giving can come from those whose hearts are perfect before the Lord. So I believe the right process of events is happening in our church right now, and that is an encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment