Thursday, June 18, 2009

Purpose

Today is my birthday!! Yeah, I'm 30!! So hard to believe. I still feel so young. I never get depressed about birthdays, in fact, I look forward to them, but this one just seems surreal. Anyway, this morning as I was driving I was talking to the Lord and thanking Him for the 30 years I've been alive and healthy to boot! I also thought about the great blessing of having a purpose, a reason to live. I have met many that feel like they are going through the motions of life and in the end it's all over. Thank you that the years I have had so far have had purpose, and I pray that years to come will continue to have purpose. I thought it so fitting when I came across these verses in my Bible reading from Psalms 115

115:3-8
But our God [is] in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
Their idols [are] silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
They that make them are like unto them; [so is] every one that trusteth in them.


How does that relate to what I just said...well the last verse ties it all together. Those worthless idols were just that, worthless, no purpose. They had all the likeness of something purposeful, but they weren't and God said that those who make them and worship them are just the same. I know I don't bow down, create or make any of those silver and gold idols--though I am guilty of putting other things before You sometimes, Lord, and things put ahead of You are idols, but, Abba, I don't want that empty feeling of being useless ever in my life. Help my hands, my heart, my eyes, my ears, my feet, everything to be fulfilling the exact purpose You have for me in my life. You deserve it, and to top it off, it sure makes me feel good too!

1 comment: