Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shortly after god had delivered d avid from the hand of saul, david writes a song...part of it says..."thy gentleness hath made me great." i certainly am not "great", but i completely agree that it is only by your gentleness that i am anything. This reminds me of that potter's wheel. The potter only makes gentle movements to mold the vessel. Yes, sometimes they are cutting and intrusive, but always gentle.
Another part of the song..."thou hast enlarged thy steps under me that I cannot fall." I envision a dad as he lets in tottering daughter step on his feet as he walks. Thats what I picture with You, God. I'm standing on Your feet as You hold me up. You truly have, Lord, kept me from falling and making alot of stupid decisions. You have kept me safe in normally unsafe conditions. Thank you abba for always gently leading me as I stand on Your feet.

1 comment: