Sunday, June 7, 2009

I must admit that David is not my favorite person from the Bible. It seems that in his latter years he lost his boldness and quickness to do right by judging his own family. His daughter Tamar is raped. He is wroth but he chooses to do nothing about it. Absalom is ticked and waits 2 years for justice until he decided to take matters into his own hand and kill amnon. Absalom is gone for 3 years...David doesn't seem to care. He's back in Jerusalem and still David doesn't want to see his face. Absalom has repentant heart but he us ignored until he ultimately decides to rise against David 40 years later.
I see a version torn relationship between david and his children.
I know Absalom is not without fault either. He let bitterness consume him.
Two sides to this story that were both the wrong choice....ignoring justice and taking justice into your own hands.
David had no reaction because if grief. Absalom reacted out of anger and bitterness. Because of this not only did David have a daughter raped but he lost two sons too.
This teaches me to rule those under me by principles not by my emotions. Ignoring a situation only makes things worse too. When its in my authority administer justice and do it quickly according to principles and decided consequences not emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment