Monday, May 18, 2009

Forgiveness & Slothfulness

A variety of Psalms


130:3
If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
130:4
But [there is] forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.


As I read verse 4, I found it kind of odd that it talks about forgiveness...that thou mayest be feared. That usually doesn't seem to go hand in hand, but the more I thought about it. It's true. Your power of judgment is great, Lord, but an even greater power is that You can forgive. You have the authority to forgive. More so, when I understand Your forgiveness that makes me want to please You more. It's such a precious characteristic about you, I don't want to take it for granted. Now as I am typing that, conviction hits my heart. I do take it for granted, Lord. I am guilty of not pleasing you again and again. Help Your forgiveness to create a healthy fear daily for You.

I am going back to daily reading my proverbs again. I have missed the good meat of them, and I really need to have verse to take to heart all day. Such good medicine those proverbs are.
Chapter 18

Pro 18:9
He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.

This is a good one for me. I officially deleted my forum links on my favorites so I cannot "waste" time on them anymore at work. Yes, they can be used for good, but I tended to use them to waste time too often. Help me, Lord to be more profitable with my time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment