Friday, May 15, 2009

Your Lovingkindness

Variety of Psalms,
I came across some of my favorite verses...

63:3-4
Because thy lovingkindness [is] better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

I love that word...lovingkindness. You think kindness would be enough for You to bestow, God, but it's more than that...lovingkindness. I looked up the meaning in Webster's..tender and benevolent affection. You truly bestow a lot of that to me, God. Amazing how that can be seeing that You are not tangible. Because of that, my lips shall praise thee. I will bless thee while I live.
My grandpa is in from out of town, and I had dinner with him last night. We enjoyed a meal together and then played dominoes. Afterwards we talked a little about life. He's 84 now, and so full of bitterness, unforgiveness, and regrets. Abba, help me to bless You and love You all the days of my life..praise You and remember Who You are and what You have done for me in my life, Your lovingkindness...it's better than life!

No comments:

Post a Comment