Thursday, May 21, 2009

Living By Principles, Secret Sins

A variety of Psalms

So many good ones, but these jumped out at me...

16:7
I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
16:8
I have set the LORD always before me: because [he is] at my right hand, I shall not be moved.


These verses prove the importance of living by the Bible (principles and convictions). If God says it, then I can rely on it, so that when the "night" the hard times comes, it is His word that are my reins. People don't get the chance to see what I truly believe until I am tested.

19:1
[[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.


I wonder how anyone can look at the stars and believe there is no God.

19:12
Who can understand [his] errors? cleanse thou me from secret [faults].
19:13
Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins]; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


Secret sins....hmmm...guilty. I never noticed before how those verses are "conveniently" before the famous "let the words of my mouth." Abba, reveal to me those secret, presumptuous sins in my live that keep me from being upright. I don't want them to have dominion over me. I can be so guilty of thinking that since I don't drink, do drugs, etc. that I am covered, but Lord, You see the me that no one else sees----my sins of prayerlessness, critical attitude, unthankfulness, slothfulness. Abba, when You have control and not my faults, I feel free. Your bondage is much more freeing than the bondage of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment