Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gratitude

Hello my beloved blog---I've been off the routine. I have been reading, but it so much more enjoyable when I have to "chew" on what I have read.

A variety of Psalms, a chapter in Chronicles, a chapter in Samuel--since I am reading through the Bible chronologically it does tend to skip here and there.

What did I read at home...oh yeah. I read about David and his mighty men. I came across that story about how they were at Bethlehem at David just wished for a drink of water. Crossing dangerous territory, they brought it to him, and David pours it out. Man! I would be man. I know David says it's almost sacred like blood the fact that they put their lives in danger for his simple request, but to toss it away! I would be offended. I think of how I would feel if I saved up some money for someone and gave it to them as a gift, and then they said, "I can't spend this. It's too valuable since you worked so hard to save it. In fact, I am going to rip it to shreds instead so I won't spend it." I guess this story teaches me to be grateful and show appreciation to people when they do acts of kindness. Though David was grateful, he sure had a strange way of showing it.

I read in Psalms about the turmoil You went through with the children of Israel. I was thinking about their attitudes the other day. It's not like they complained when things were bad, they complained when things weren't perfect. It's like You were always on trial. Abba, You are not on trial with me. You are good all the time no matter the circumstances. I will praise You in the dark and in the night. You are wonderful and greatly to be praised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment