Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Focus

Psalms 7, 27, 31, 34, 52

Such wonderful verses in these passages that I needed today. Thank you, Abba for reminding me of your goodness.

Pslams 7 reminds me to take my burdens to you. When I feel overwhelmed by enemies, You are the One my soul should cry out to---give my deep feelings to even about how much I want them hurt.

27:3
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident.
27:4
One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

No matter what befalls me, I feel this is my same plea. Lord, help me never to be victim of my emotions, but forever let my focus still remain on You and serving You.

27:13
[I had fainted], unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

So many times, I can faint with the weight of burdens, but I can go on because God IS good.

27:10
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

I feel like this a verse FOR ME. My father is no longer here, and I feel like I don't have a "mother" figure. You are that for me, God. You are my Abba. I feel closer to You than I ever have to my mom or dad.

31:3
For thou [art] my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

I love that word for You...Rock...stable, steady, unmoving, dependable structure in my life. When everything else in life is chaos, You are my constant. For that reason, I choose to follow You. Thank you, Abba.

31:23
O love the LORD, all ye his saints: [for] the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
31:24
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

The older I get, the more valuable that word becomes to me....faithful. Anyone can be a flash in the pan, but it's those that stick through it again and again no matter the circumstances that deserve great honor. Faithful...that's what I want as a epithet on my tombstone.

34:8
O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.
34:9
O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for [there is] no want to them that fear him.
34:10
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing].

So true, God, I am lacking nothing. I have all I need. I am happy. I am very blessed.

34:12
What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good?
34:13
Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Here's the formula for many days...many good days.
1. No potty mouth.
2. Don't be a meanie.
3. DO good things, not just "be" good.
4. Try to diligently make things right.

Thank You, Lord, for reminding me of my Focus, my Faith, & the Fulfillments required to see good.

No comments:

Post a Comment